Thursday, September 15, 2016

Parhelios Visière

Sometimes I come across a real treasure when searching for beret related material: the Parhelios Visière just made my day!
I have never seen one in real life; the ad (above) comes from a 1932 newspaper and judging by the look of the coloured promos pictured, I would think they were made until the 1970's or thereabout. 
The Parhelios Visière is a Basque beret with retractable transparent eyeshield, making it a perfect accessory for (motor)-cyclists and sporters. Supposedly there was a transparent shield version and a darkened yellow version by means of sunglasses.
Would love to find one myself, but fear it may be the proverbial needle in a haystack...

1 comment:

  1. What a find that will be! Good luck with the hunt. If I'd not seen the ad for myself, I'd have said you were joking about a beret with a visor.

    ReplyDelete