Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Cousin Itt

Cousin Itt is a fictional character in the Addams Family series. Unlike the other characters, Cousin Itt was not originally created by cartoonist Charles Addams, but by producer David Levy, though he did appear as an unnamed character in Addams's cartoons.
Itt Addams is the cousin of Gomez Addams. He is a short being whose entire body is shrouded by long hair. When Gomez asks Cousin Itt what is underneath all the hair, Cousin Itt replies, "Roots". His hair color changed throughout the years, but in the 1998 The New Addams Family TV series his hair color was blond. 
He usually wears sunglasses, a derby hat or beret, and gloves. He speaks in a high-pitched (with a slight British accent) gibberish language which the other members of the family can understand though it is incomprehensible to anyone else.

4 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten that Cousin It wore a beret. Thanks for reminding me. He was a cool character in the Addams Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there were people who "didn't dare to wear berets"! I started wearing them as a 20 year old, after the movie Bonnie & Clyde, because I wanted to look like Faye Dunaway! I must admit, I don't like them on men. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's showing his artistic side. Long live Cousin It!

    ReplyDelete