Saturday, August 26, 2017

Sandra Dillon

This great photo is by Sandra Dillon, an American photographer who's work I much admire. I'll quote Sandra:
"Gina Kardos & I hitch-hiked to Croatia during the war. We heard about a creepy local island called Witch Island and of course we had to go! It was a very odd and mysterious island. I could go on and on about the strange things that occurred. This wonderful old man invited us into his home to share some wine with him. He handed me a dusty old glass complete with bugs and cobwebs. I drank of his wine and took this photo. It feels veryHenri Cartier-Bresson, if I could say so myself! A few days later my camera was stolen and thrown in the sea. I ended up sneaking into the thief's house and retrieved my water-soaked camera only to save this role of film. What a story! — at Mali Lošinj."

When contacting Sandra for permission to publish her photo here, she added the following story: "my camera was stolen and thrown into the sea, it was found by a fisherman and I snuck into his house and found it on the kitchen table. The camera was completely ruined but I was able to retrieve the most important thing - the roll of film and that image was the only frame on the roll that wasn't completely ruined!"
Thanks Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment