Saturday, October 13, 2018

Tusk

Tusk is a 2014 American comedy horror film written and directed by Kevin Smith, based on a story from his SModcast podcast. 
The film stars Michael Parks, Justin Long, Haley Joel Osment, Genesis Rodriguez, and beret-wearing Johnny Depp as inspector Guy Lapointe.
Arrogant and brash U.S. podcaster (Justin Long) ventures into the Canadian wilderness to interview an old man (Michael Parks) who has an extraordinary past, and the American learns the man has a dark secret involving a walrus.
Guy Lapointe: [with a heavy accent] “I am Guy Lapointe. That is my name. Guy Lapointe. And I spend 20 years as the inspector of the Surete du Quebec. And but for the last 10 years of my life, I have been hunting an animal who is doing the masquerade as the man. I have been hunting this Howard Howe. Howard Howe, this elusive, uh... devil made of the flesh. This serial killer who makes the bringing of the blood and terror to the true north”.
Not very well reviewed by critics and the public, possibly having to do with some of the rather explicit gory details dealing with amputation and body modification... 

No comments:

Post a Comment