Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Grandpa Yitzchak's Black Beret


Forty-six years after he fought in the Yom Kippur War, Grandpa Yitzchak gives his grandson a special present.
Last July, dozens of new Armored Corps recruits finished their final trek, one after another, on their way to receiving the long-awaited beret. Private Raphael Roskind was surprised to discover that when his turn came, his grandfather, Yitzchak Reichenberg, who had fought in the Yom Kippur War in the 7th brigade, came out of the audience to give him the vintage beret that had been in his possession for more than four decades.
“It was a complete surprise,” stated Private Roskind emotionally. “They didn’t tell me it was going to happen, and I was in shock, I didn’t even know how to respond. My friends told me afterwards that I wasn’t even aware of what was happening, it was an incredible way to finish my basic training.” 

The enormous power of a small piece of round felted wool…

No comments:

Post a Comment