Thursday, April 27, 2017

Zoe Alayrangues' Street Style

From Vogue: "French model Zoe Alayrangues is giving a new bite to the time-honored beret. The 18-year-old Parisian is an avid thrifter with an affinity for Nike sneakers, and a style that she describes as “weirdo.” Alayrangues often uses the beret to “embellish” her casual looks. “I could wear joggers [sweat pants] like everyone else, but I wear a beret to counter the style,” writes Alayrangues. “The beret adds a classical touch.”
That touch has to do with a certain amount of attention. Alayrangues’s outfits are punctuated by the hat, rather than merely complemented by it. A simple white T-shirt and black skirt, a charming summer slip dress with New Balance sneakers, and a slinky black suit are all taken to a completely new place once there’s the addition of a striking red beret. 
“I have a lot of [berets], but I can’t find green, pink, or light blue, which pisses me off,” says Alayrangues, who also favors classic black, as well as a red one with black piping and a gold star on the front. “I buy them in secondhand shops, like Guerrisol.”
 For those looking to emulate her style, they’d do best to take a hit of her confidence. For her favorite place to wear a beret, Alayrangues says, “I like to sit on the ‘bank’ with friends and drink wine with saucissons [sausages] while looking at boys,” she says. “Then I love to bring them to dance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment