Thursday, July 16, 2026

John Travolta

John Travolta is sharing the origin story of his viral beret-look at the 2026 Cannes Film Festival.

The actor, 72, said there was a reason he wore the stylish headgear three times for his directorial debut in France over the weekend, in an interview with CNN. “The old school directors wore berets and I thought, that's what I'm doing,” Travolta told the outlet.

“Big day, big night in Cannes. Stay tuned!” he captioned an Instagram video as he arrived after piloting his own plane to the premiere of Propeller One-Way Night Coach on Friday, May 15, along with his daughter Ella, 26, who stars as a flight attendant in the film.

In the video, he wore a navy blue beret. After getting changed for the main event, Travolta wowed in a classic suit, this time in an ivory beret as he and Ella walked the red carpet.

“I've been around for over 50 years doing movies, but I can't tell, when I look back, the difference between the events and I said, ‘I'm a director this time. You're an actor, play the part of a director. Look like an old school director,’” Travolta continued, adding that he “looked up pictures” of talented filmmakers who came before him.

The Telegraph rated the film 1 out of 5 stars, describing the viewing experience as "like watching a toddler walk into a lamp post"...


No comments:

Post a Comment