Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mt Ruapehu, Plato Grandes and Swannies

After a summer of wearing cotton Tolosa Tupida berets, a long Easter weekend away in the mountains was a great opportunity to wear my TT Plato Grande, a 34cm wide giant, the Argentinean answer to the Spanish made txapelduns
And it felt good, that large piece of felt on top of my head, crossing one of the lower passes on the old volcano in a fine drizzle.
 BlackBerry Wallpaper > Nature > Mount Ruapehu, Tongariro National Park, New Zealand

Of course, I had to cope with the smirks from real Kiwi blokes, baseball-capped and dressed in shorts and wearing jandals, but... one get's used to that, being a beret aficionado living in New Zealand.
Fortunately, I did wear my Swannie bushshirt as well.

1 comment:

  1. Noone considering a Baseball Cap as the right everyday-headwear is qualified to judge real hars and caps. Its like eating processed cheese and scoffing at a real one.

    ReplyDelete