Sunday, August 13, 2023

Barbie

I have published on this blog about Nazis, dictators, (war) criminals and all sort of boineros/as of questionable nature, but it took me a bit to write about Barbie. Being the father of 3 daughters, I certainly have had my share of Barbie in life, but just when you think that things can't get worse, this movie appears!

Sure, tastes differ and who am I to judge? However, what gets to me is the sale pitch of this being a feminist movie(!), whereas it is one massive advert for extreme consumption in every shape.

Barbie dolls and Mattell, of course. But how much did Chevrolet, Chanel, TAG Heurer et al contribute to the films marketing budget? The $150.000.000 budget that exceeded the cost of making the film.
I am not 100% sure about Laulhère, but I can guarantee anyone concerned that South Pacific Berets did not pay any dollars for beret exposure!
We do have some cool pink berets in stock though...




No comments:

Post a Comment