Thursday, August 20, 2009

At least they improved the quality of their president


Driving into Central Wellington this morning, my attention was caught by a billboard of Gravity Coffee, stating: at least they improved the quality of their president, with a large cup of Gravity Coffee next to it. Sublime advertising and evoking memories of driving along East Coast interstates and unable to find anything better than a McDonald's serving some weak, watery substance under the name of coffee.
The Pacific Northwest was always the exception, coincidently a much higher beret density too. I look forward to the day I visit fellow beret enthusiast Ron Greer at his Studio Boina Cafe in Seattle.
I have been told that overall the coffee situation across the Pacific has changed dramatically since my last stay in the US, along with their new -beret wearing-president, that gives hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment