Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cosmogono II - The Seat of Wisdom

I received this beautiful picture from Cosmogono himself - thank you very much!
Cosmogono couldn't have guessed how much I enjoy seeing this picture. My late father, Baruch Kolthoff, not only initiated my interest in berets, he spent much of his working life working on the Grote Nederlandse Larousse Encyclopedy  (the Dutch version of the French Grand Larousse encyclopédique). 
My father was a great believer in the literally written and printed word (working with fountain pen and typewriter till the very end) and I am glad he never realized how obsolete his lifework became at the end of his life.
There is really no competition between Google versus 25 Double Phone-book Sized Encyclopedia Volumes ...
Thanks, Cosmogono 

No comments:

Post a Comment